Vanilla beans are one of the most important ingredients for recipes like vanilla ice-cream, puddings or cakes. Some people use ready-made vanilla powder whereas others prefer making Vanilla bean powder at home by buying high-grade vanilla beans. If you like using organic and gluten-free product, it is a good choice to make the powder at home. For making the powder, you need to dried and powdered vanilla beans in a mortar and pestle to get the same flavour as an extract. It is vital to disclose that vanilla sugar and powder are two different things. You can add the powder both in cold and hot liquids as it will dissolve easily but vanilla sugar only dissolves in hot liquids.
If from the long time, you have been using vanilla extract, then definitely you have no idea about how much quantity of powder will replace the extract. So, the simple answer is you can use 1 teaspoonful of vanilla powder in the place of 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Else you can use 1 teaspoon of powder to substitute 4-6 drops of vanilla essence. With vanilla bean powder, you can use 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons of almond, lemon or rum extract also.
Now, let’s take a look at how to use vanilla powder:
1. Vanilla powder is a good choice if you make beverage concoctions at home.
2. You can give a distinct flavour to your coffee, tea and hot chocolate by adding the powder.
3. Sometimes, vanilla beans discolour other ingredients while preparing any sweet dish. The alternate of the same is to use vanilla powder in such recipes.
4. You can use vanilla bean powder with alcohol and can give a vanilla product a miss.
5. You can also sprinkle a little powder over fruit salad, oatmeal, waffles, etc.
An average shelf life of the powder when prepared at home with high-grade vanilla beans is 2 years. To ensure its effectiveness for two years, make sure to store the vanilla bean powder in a cool and dry place that too in an air-tight container. So, simply buy the vanilla bean pods from online suppliers and prepare homemade and natural powder.
Visit now:: http://fitncleanvanilla.over-blog.com/